Leitz iLAM Touch A3 Laminator
Leitz iLAM Touch A3 Laminator
Go to the limits!
The Leitz iLAM Touch Series are fully automatic A3 high speed laminators. These premium machines feature smart sensor technology. They recognize paper thickness and adjust their speed accordingly. One minute warm up time. Perfect for prolonged professional use. Active anti-jam technology. 6 Roller laminator for added speed and quality.
High performance A3 Office laminator for all your laminating needs including photos, instructions, notices, temporary signs and menus. Suitable for busy office or school use. For all sizes up to A3. Easy to use, no complicated settings, LED on/off and reverse indicator. Fast 1000mm/min (25 seconds to laminate one 80 micron A4 sheet). 1 minute warm up time. Low energy consumption, Auto shut-off when device isn’t used for 30 minutes. No jamming when the laminator is misfed thanks to auto reverse function.
– Ideal for Large Office / Frequent use
– Warm up Time: 1 min
– Laminating Width: Up to A3 Max (320mm)
– Max Pouch Thickness: 500 mic (2 x 75mic or 2 x 125mic or 2 x 175mic or 2 x 250mic)
– Laminates from ID to A3 size
– LED ready lights and audio signal to start lamination process
– 6 roller mechanism for speed and quality laminates
– Touch panel settings for ease of use
– Integral support shelf at front and rear of the machine
– Low energy consumption, auto shut-off when the device isn’t used for 30 minutes
– Auto reverse function
– Warranty: 3 Year
– Lamination width: A3 Max (320mm)
– 1 Minute warm up time (75mic)
– 1000mm/min Speed
– 500 micron Pouch thickness
– 3 Year warranty
– Height: 117mm
– Width: 482mm
– Depth: 191mm
Please take note of the maximum thickness pouch a laminator can take. Any pouch thicker than the maximum allowance may cause the pouch to jam. This will make the warranty void.
How to choose the correct laminator:
No matter which style you choose, the basic three questions apply when choosing the right model
1. How many users and how often?
– The number of users has a significant impact on your choice, business/office users have different priorities to the home user.
– Using a laminator more frequently than what it was designed for will burn the motor out quicker.
2. What laminating thickness?
– Pouches (also known as laminating pockets) are the most recognised accessories.
– Measured in microns – the higher the micron the thicker the laminate.
– Ranging from 75 – 250 microns and, as a general rule, the more the document is handled the thicker the laminate should be.
Pouches are often depicted as ‘2x’, followed by the micron thickness.
E.g. 2×125 micron = 250 micron Pouch. (The ‘2x’ is simply to indicate each separate side of the pouch, rather than representing two individual pouches)
3. What size document are you laminating? (A3, A4 etc.)
The first consideration is content. What size laminate do you need? All laminators do not cover every format, and while other aspects are important, content size is crucial.
Moderate use – Entry-level laminators, ideal for homes, home offices and start-up business
Regular use – Mid range models perfect for average to large business
Heavy use – Premium models designed to focus on high volume for specialized business
Laminating Hints and Tips
1. Always laminate closed end first
– Always ensure that the closed side enters the machine first to significantly reduce hold ups.
2. Laminating shapes and sizes
When laminating irregular shapes:
– Make sure that the sealed edge of the laminate enters the machine first
– Ensure content is as close as possible to that sealed edge.
– If laminating multiple irregular shapes, place them all as close together as possible near the sealed edge. A carrier should also be used for this function.
3. Laminating Maintenance
– Run a cardboard laminator cleaning sheet (without laminating pouch) through your machine regularly.
– This helps to remove adhesive blockages which can appear over time and may contribute to jams.
4. Don’t laminate an empty pouch
– Never laminate a pouch without content as it may result in malfunction or jamming.